Followers

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Make Your Mark Zentangles

At Addicted to Stamps and More (ATSM) this week our Make Your Mark Challenge # 52. Recently my husband has been in hospital for 5 weeks,a  long, lonely and worrying time. During this time a friend suggested I tangled, I knew about tangling but hadn't really given it a try beyond simple applications. However, I decided to give it a go, it certainly becomes a stress - releasing thought processing way to pass time. I used a Woodware stamp of a rose, which has lots of open spaces. With the help of many Zentangle patterns available on the internet, you only need to Google Zentangles you will be swamped with web sites, of course those in the USA have a huge community and following of this form of art.  I used a Micron Pen ( a fine pointed marker pen) to create the patterns. if you enlarge the picture you will see it in more detail.  I look forward to visiting you to see how you have Made Your mark over the next week. Have fun.
Thank you to our sponsors this week 

15 comments:

  1. That is such a really cool technique, Caz! The best thing about it is the comfort and stress relief it brought to you while your husband is unwell. I really hope he is on the mend and that you are also looking after yourself. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased you found tangling relaxing and I really hope your life becomes easier soon Caz.

    This is a wonderful card and truly all your own work.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Caz, like you I know about tangling, but have never done any. It great to know that it works as a stress buster as well as being creative.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try this, it is so effective. Great card with so much interest. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see tangling on a card and you are right it is so relaxing and can take your mind off troubles for a while. I hope things are on the up for you now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card and idea. It turned out gorgeous with all your delicate touches. I am sorry to hear about your husband. I pray he is on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Caz, what a special card. I've never heard of tangling before, I'm happy if it has helped you on this difficult time. My best wishes for you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Caz. Very striking card! Glad that tangling help release your stress. Looks like a great technique. Hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Caz!! I have seen this technique before and been tempted to try it. So glad you found something that would take you mind off worrying about your hubby. Hope he is on the mend and getting better every day. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great technique, fab it helped with easing this time for you. And a stunning result! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!! So good to have you back on board, hun - have missed you.
    Lots love to you and your gorgeous man.
    Big hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is so cool and unique Caz! I have never heard of tangling. I will have to give it a try! I love the black and white. It looks so elegant! Praying for you and your dear hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Caz, I admire your patience in tangling, and it gives an awesome result. I hope it helped relieve your stress!

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Very impressive Caz! I have a card group that I want to demo this for. Must give this a try - immedidately! Thanks for the inspiration! Glad hubby is back home and hanging in there. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Caz, What as great take on the challenge. Love the zentangling. Those micron pens are fabulous. Pleased to hear it helped you through the stress and worry. Great to have you back.
    Sending you both hugs,
    Florence xx

    ReplyDelete